For the DPG Media IT organisation, we’re looking for a talented QA Engineer for the Selectives Area.
On a daily basis, our content impacts millions of readers, making DPG Media the biggest media house of The Netherlands and Belgium. Without our passionate community, journalists and over 400 IT colleagues, this wouldn’t be possible. Within the Entertainment cluster of our IT organisation, the Selectives Area, consisting of two feature teams, creates the best experiences across the digital presence of our premium news brands: De Volkskrant, Trouw, Het Parool, De Morgen and HUMO.
To deliver on this, the Selectives teams build and run a white-label platform for web and app, desktop, mobile and tablet use. In close cooperation with the journalists of the news titles, the teams build and run the corresponding teaser CMS. At this moment in time, the platform is being rolled out to the last brand. Yet our challenges continue…
We are looking for a hands-on QA Engineer to work on our websites and mobile applications.
- You continuously build, run and maintain our test automation suite in close collaboration with the developers and stakeholders.
- Translate business requirements into test strategies
- Take technical decisions using your experience, preventing the team from going down rabbit holes you have been before
- Guide more junior team members into seniority
- Managing complexity
Our methodologies depend heavily on collaboration, communication, and interaction between development teams and team members as well as stakeholders outside the area. So, as a successful QA Engineer you have:
- A positive and solution-oriented approach towards team members and stakeholders
- Actively acquire information from stakeholders (rather than relying entirely on written specifications)
- Work with a QA mindset by making quality control a whole team approach rather than doing all the testing by yourself
- You have strong communication skills and see the added value of feedback and open communication
- You have 3 to 5 years experience in testing for web and/or mobile applications in an Agile DevOps environment
- You have experience in working in a continuous delivery environment with a high focus on automation
- Experience with Java, Cucumber, Selenium or Appium framework
- CI/CD experience
- Experience with automating functional tests in Espresso and XCUItest is a plus
- You have proven knowledge in testing technologies, methodologies and tools
- You have knowledge about the application lifecycle of apps and websites
- You have the ability to effectively define testable user stories
- A competitive, experience-based salary
- A one-year or permanent contract
- 36-hour workweek
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance)
- A percentage of profit shares
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- 24 paid holiday days
- An excellent pension scheme
- An outstanding relocation package
- Located in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Antwerp
- Fully paid functional technical training
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack
Do you recognize yourself? No doubt this is fully you? Want to apply directly? Click the ‘apply now’ button or visit dpgmedia.nl/werkenbij. Want to know more about this position? Contact Venetia de Wit via email@example.com or phone: +31 6 1016 3863.