We’re looking for a talented Java Developer within our Content Creation Squad.
On a daily basis, our content impacts millions of readers, through brands such as Trouw, AD, Volkskrant and Het Parool. Without our unique editorial system, this wouldn’t be possible. Within our Content Creation Squad, we’re currently working on the implementation of a redesigned and more advanced editorial system and therefore looking for a talented Java Developer to join our team.
What you’ll do
- Help redesign our new advanced editorial system
- Design, implement, test, deploy and monitor new functionalities to the editorial system
- Identify bottlenecks and improve the system to make it more robust, scalable and work fluently
- Work in a team effort within the ‘squad’ – there is no I in TEAM – to make things happen, we are always asking ourselves what the next step is to improve our products, the team and the company as a whole
- A competitive, experience-based salary
- A one-year or permanent contract
- 36-hour workweek
- 12% in flexible benefits (of which 8% is holiday allowance)
- A percentage of profit shares
- Reimbursement of travel expenses
- 28 paid holiday days
- An excellent pension scheme
- An outstanding relocation package
- Located in Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Antwerp
- Fully paid functional technical training
- The opportunity to work with the latest tech stack
Who you are
- Must-have knowledge: Java, REST and Spring (knowledge of Gradle, Amazon Web Services, databases, NodeJs are a plus) and familiar with ORM, Document store, AOP, DDD, SOLID
- Curious, eager to learn, open-minded and critical with a no-nonsense approach: always looking for the ‘why’ of things
- Work with a team-oriented Agile mindset and experience with Scrum and/or other agile methodologies
- Passionate about IT and development, always focused on quality
- You draw energy from working in a high-tech and continuously innovating environment – as we’re switching to the AWS cloud, if you’re not certified yet, we expect you to certify for AWS within 6 months
The extras we offer
Working for DPG Media means a lot of space for personal growth. We have our own in-house (technical) coaching, in which you can take part. There also are several ways to switch out conditions of employment, such as buying or trading vacation days or a bike with a tax advantage. When joining our company, you’ll receive a warm welcome. With an extended kickstart programme and a buddy, who will guide you and help you get settled. A fan of extracurricular activities? Sign up for our ‘Young DPG’. Prefer something active? Several different sports classes, such as Bootcamp or (kick)boxing, are also a possibility!
Want to apply directly? Click the ‘apply now’ button on this page. Want to know more about this position? Contact Syreetha Mijnals via email@example.com or tel:+31 6 11 400174. You could even send us a message on Whatsapp!